I am now a college graduate :o.
The big day came and went so quickly, and, ironically, it poured the entire day.
Tears were held back, hugs were had, and realizations were made.
Here are some things I realized:
- I can now use the phrase, “When I was in college…”
- From this point on, I’ll never not be working (unless I get laid off).
- I’ll never have another winter or summer break.
- I’ll only have weekends or after work or vacation time to do things I want to do.
- I’ll never be walking distance from all of my best friends again.
- I won’t have my own place for a while.
So, this is the real world. I start my first “big girl” job June 2. I’m excited and scared, of course. But I suppose it had to happen sooner or later, and I am quite lucky to have found a job so soon after graduating.
Here I come, world.